What’s Next?

There’s been some unfortunate silence on this blog lately. I’d say that it’s because I haven’t really been doing anything, but that’s not quite true. Since we were evacuated from Nicaragua a few months ago, I’ve mostly kept busy, I just haven’t been very good at documenting it.So what am I doing now?Well, I’m currently sitting in an airport. In mid-July, Thomas and I discussed the possibility of applying to teaching jobs in China. Our time was cut short in Nicaragua, and we’re not quite ready to settle into anything in the U.S, so we interviewed for a few jobs and very quickly found one that felt like a great fit. The only problem was that school was starting in a couple weeks. We accepted offers of employment (at the same school!) and scrambled to get background checks and visas.All that said, we are now on our way to China for the school year! We’re a little anxious and a lot excited. (Not so excited for the 19-hour plane ride and the jet lag.)We’ll try to keep you posted on the blog and on Facebook, but I have said that before and we all know how that turned out.Sorry for keeping so many people in the dark. We’re trying to get better at keeping y’all in the loop. We appreciate any thoughts, prayers, and good vibes you can send our way.

6 thoughts on “What’s Next?

1. Nancy August 14, 2018 / 7:34 am

Prayers for a safe journey and a wonderful new adventure in China!!

2. Anna Marie Mattonen August 14, 2018 / 7:47 am

I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH. So excited to follow this next chapter of your journey. ❤ Safe travels, chica. xoxo

• Anna August 14, 2018 / 7:48 am

Also… i have no idea why it put my full name there but it looks very nerdy .

3. Michelle and Tyler August 14, 2018 / 9:13 am

That’s exciting!! Hope you both have a great year ahead!!!

4. Kim August 14, 2018 / 7:14 pm

Love ❤️, kisses, and safe travels. Have a great time learning with and from others, but most of all impact the lives of the students you are blessed to teach. Love you both, Mom

5. Gram & gramps August 15, 2018 / 9:44 am