“Hell no I’m currently watching the Smurf movie.” – text from Maddie, after I asked if she was planning her English class.
Ok I don’t have a whole lot of time to blog so I’m just going to spew a lot of random thoughts from the week.
- Are there no earth worms here?
- I got a Nicaraguan cell phone a week or two ago. My allowance is like 10 bucks/week so I bought the cheapest one. It has a .3 megapixel camera, but not enough memory to hold photos. It has the capacity for roughly 15 text messages. Its only game is Snake.
- My students applauded me the other day.
- Today I had a (Spanish) conversation with one of the students in my English class, and we were talking about how I’m trying to do better at speaking Spanish and he kept saying “va a mejorar” and I thought it was really sweet. He also greeted me with a cheek kiss, but it’s cultural, so?
- I’m not used to seeing so many dog testicles and dog nipples. Most dogs in the US are spayed and neutered. None are here and you can tell that all of the female dogs have had some puppies in their day.
- I think the mosquitoes attack when I’m about to step into the shower. I spend the majority of my time in jeans (shocking, I know) and yet I still have mosquito bites on my legs and butt. Rude.