- Everyone keeps asking me if I have a boyfriend. Lol y’all think I’d be here if I did? I mean, they split up maridos during training, so maybe they just think I have a boyfriend in another town near here? But when I tell them I’m single they’re like, “BUT YOU’RE SO BEAUTIFUL!” and I’m like “lol I know but that doesn’t help me.”
- My abuelita also asked if Jasmine has a boyfriend and was shocked when I said no. On one hand, I don’t feel any particular need to justify why I’m hella single at 25, but on the other hand I need to practice my Spanish, so I talked about it for a while. I don’t have the vocabulary to explain well but I tried.
- On the note of married people: we have one married couple in Nica 68, in the environment group. We were all reunited today for diarrhea training and we were so excited to see each other (mind you, we’ve all known each other a grand total of one week, but we miss each other like crazy.) I swear to God I almost teared up when the maridos were reunited for the first time since they’ve been apart. I didn’t even cry when I left my own family.
- Did I tell you that a bird pooped on me at the park the other day? TWICE? That’s the third time I’ve been pooped on by a bird in my life. Also the third time since May. (5 seconds after leaving the Beyoncé concert. How rude.)
- I just had my first experience with a water outage. I’ve been lucky enough to be in a house with running water, but it isn’t always reliable, so they have barrels of water so you can do bucket showers and wash your hands even when the tap water isn’t working.
Keep the comments coming! I love reading them. Feel free to ask me questions or give suggestions on what I should write about. I’ve just been flying by the seat of my pants.